Wednesday, March 17, 2010

a different kind of reaction..

As my mom drove out to good o’l Western, Kansas, in six hours we’d be homeward bound. As my mom drove majority of the time. It was nice for my mom to ride home with me, I had someone to talk to, the trip home wasn't so boring, and of course enjoyed one another's company. I took my book out and read, Dear John some more to make the trip go by faster. I've really enjoyed reading this book so far, and I like to pick out the similarities and the differences the book from the movie. I am starting to like the book more, and I love the details, Nicholas Sparks uses. It makes it so real, that you're actually there with them, and I can always get an image of my head of what's being said. John isn't really so close to his dad and his mom is really out of the picture because, she left them. His father is a coin collector, and has collected coins from all over. That facinates me, because I can just imagine going into his den and seeing all this piles of coins every where. I guess, I am just thankful I have a good relationship with both of my parents, and get along with them. I would stop every once in a while when there was a good part and would share it with my mom and tell her how funny, cute or that part was. I read for 2 hours on the way home.

We went to Colorado on Tuesday and Wednesday. I usually get car sick from reading in the car when we're in the mountains, but I actually was doing good and didn't get sick at all. Funny thing was that following Sunday at home they were showing, Dear John and although, I've already seen it, I told my mom we have to go so she can see it. Of course, she hated the ending as well, and now she wants to read the book too, :)! I must admit on the way up there I slept but after we picked up my sister, on Tuesday I stayed awake and decided to read soem in my book because, it was getting good and I couldn't seem to put it down. Everytime, we stopped though I'd put it down until we got back in the car again and I'd be back to reading again. I just couldn't put it down it just kept getting better and better. I do must admit I was super jealous of where the book is located, it's based in North Carolina and there are BEACHES!!!!!!! It makes me want to go :)! John was teaching her how to surf, and now it makes me want to learn to do that someday, it'd be a lot of fun! I was doing a lot of awwing throughout the book because, of how John and Savannah's (love) relationship was described. It made me sad in a way because, I am still waiting for that right one in my life to show up, but I know he will it's all about timing, patience, and when God thinks its the right time. I was just jealous of their relationship because, I think it was something I wanted and the way they treated each other it was just really cute :)! I was really mad at John at one time and wanted to slap him. Savannah wants to work with special education kids and when she met John's father she picked up on some things about him and told John what she noticed, and that upset him. He got upset with her that she did that, and walked off, and in the process hurt two people, and she witnessed it and got very upset with him. And of course he didn't care he was angry himself. I don't want to ruin what happens next but I just want to say right now I am really mad and upset with Savannah!! I don't want to spoil anythign for anyone who still wants to read this so, I am not going to say why. I was really mad at her and wanted to stop reading but of course I wanted to keep going and find out what happened some more. I read on and off for about two and half hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment