Tuesday, July 7, 2009

flying on by...



I can't believe how fast summer flies by. It seems like every year when summer comes along it just zoooms on by and then school is back in session. It is fun to see friends over the summer though. I got to do that last week/weekend. Last wednesday me and my sister, Madison drove down to Wichita and stayed with one of my best friends, Elizabeth for the night. It was good to see her and her family for that brief amount of time, and then it was onto to picking Tyler, my cousin, and another one of my best friends, Molly up the next day. After all the crew was in the car we were set for TEXAS! It seemed like a very long drive, so I passed the time by sleeping. Usually makes the trip go much faster. (my personal opinon) We finally arrived at my cousins house and debated where to eat for supper. I then got ahold of my other good friend Kyle and he met up with us there at the restraunt. Which was really good mexican food. After dinner we headed back to Jens house and we all unpacked and just caught up and talked. The next morning we got up early and went to a water park (which was a total blast). I thought it was much funner, than six flags personally. I love certain roller coasters but, there are some that freak me out. So we spend the afternoon there, then left and came back to the house to get ready for the RANGERS game!!! (which i enclosed a picture of us three from the game). Our seats were pretty much amazing. My cousins had some friends there so we got the hooks up. We had seats in like the suite section. They are really nice. You could see the game pretty good. At the end of the game they ended with a firework show. They were very pretty! Better than the ones back at home I might add!! Driving back home took forever because of the all the traffic from the game so--me, my sister, Molly, and Kyle decided to play the movie quote game to make the trip back to the house go by faster. It was a lot of fun, had some good laughs and good time. Then us three stayed up late again talking! The next morning we got to sleep in a little later. We then went to a Chinese restraunt for lunch then got to go SHOPPING!! We spent our fourth of July evening watching/doing fireworks at the neighbors. We played apples to apples, and taboo with the other kids and it was really fun. This was our last night together so we had a blast! At least, I did I don't know about the other two. We then got up a decent time and had to say our goodbyes to Kyle. I'm so very thankful to be friends with these guys. They've always been there for me when I needed someone most. And we've always had a lot of fun together. I can't wait to see what this year brings. I am hoping lots of more fun memories to come :)! As we drove onto KS! I had such a great time in TX I really wish we could've stayed longer but, oh well always next time! The humidity was the only thing that got me the entire time we were down there.

This week has gone by really fast, and lots of drama has happened. I really would not talk about it on here but it has been hectic these last few days. I really wanted to punch someone in the face to myself feel better about the situation. It's just sad how long you've known this person and that you can no longer trust them at all. The weekend is coming up tomorrow and I decided to play with my team in the all night softball tourney in Leoti! I think its goign to be a great time and think we will do pretty decent. I'm looking forward to it. Along with that helping my mom with her reception shes holding for someone in our backyard.

I've came to a lot of decisions in my life just recently and would like to share with you all that read this. I finally decided to let go of this one guy that thought we had a future together-he claims hes been giving me space to think about things especially with us but I don't believe that anymore. I believe there is someone else out there for me and I'm not giving up and have decided to become more patient than ever. No longer how hard it will be I know I can get through this. Especially, since I have such great friends, and an awesome family. And an amazing realtionship with the Lord! Who has a plan for this all. I just need to wait for the right time for him to bring him to me. So, I just want to thank all of those that have listened to me complain about being single, don't worry you won't have to hear no more. I am giving it all to the Lord and he will give me the right guy when I'm ready. I just need to keep praying and talking and see where that leads me. I hope my grandma has a say in this too. I miss her soo much every day! But, I do know she is looking down on me as well the rest of my family. She will always be my hero in my heart no matter what. I hope to gain that strengthen from her through this. I want to make her proud! :) I think that is about it for now. I will write more when the time is right. :)! I will leave you with this verse: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

—Philippians 4:6-7

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Texas was such a fun time! I am so blessed to have you as my friend, Miss Lauren. Keep on seeking Jesus. He is so very pleased with you and He loves you more than anything! Keep trusting and obeying!
    "...but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man [or woman!] who trusts in him." -Psalm 32:10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I miss it so much lets go back :)! Awww Molly thanks thats so sweet gaw you guys almost made me both cry :P! I'm so very blessed to have you as my friend too :)! I will do that..he is amazing and I will listen and strive to what he wants me to do!! thanks for the scripture I'll keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete