Wednesday, August 5, 2009

You Make Me Want To Be Brave!

This summer turned out better than I expected it too! At the start of the summer I didn't have a job and knew I'd have to be working really hard on my class. Then before I knew it I was helping with summer school, and helping my uncle at his office. Luckily, I received a phone call from the REC and they wanted me to come in to talk to them. I got hired to be one of the REC's assistance for the summer. I knew at the beginning it wouldn't be to much of hard work but, they warned me by fair it'd be stressful. They were right! When Fair time came around I was already ready for it to be over. But, right there and then I knew this would be one of my great experiences during the summer to help me do what I want in the future. It helped that I knew some of the kids already from summer school, so they remembered who I was so that helped out a lot. We had a great turn outs each day for each event which is really good for a small town. Monday we had a WII tournament at the library and while they weren't playing they got to decorate cookies, Tuesday was play day in the park. We made balloon animals and let them play around in the park. Wednesday was supposed to be sidewalk chalk but that got canceled due to the weather in the morning but, that afternoon we had Ultimate Frezbe for the older ones, Thursday we didn't have anything in the morning but, me and my Co worker Kaylaen, set up the mud volley ball pits and got those ready for Saturday, Friday was wallow in the mud, that was quite entertaining. The kids got to make sand castles and we got to judge them, later on that day was sidewalk chalk rescheduled, and the watermelon contest. The watermelon contest was pretty gross some kids kept spitting it out and eatin more it was pretty nasty! The next morning was the last day of fair! All three of us met at my house and worked on the float at 7!! THAT IS WAAAAAAAAAAAY TO EARLY :P!! But, we finished it just in time to ride it in the parade. It was fun I got to ride in the back and hand out coozies! Later on that evening was Mud Volleyball, our last event for fair. That was pretty entertaining as well. Of course, I got a little muddy my sisters bf thought it'd be funny to push me since, I dissed their team for losing. Fair is finally over!!
Sunday my sister, my mom, and I traveled to Denver and went school shopping that was pretty fun. I got some good shirts :)! We saw "Ugly Truth", it was decent kind of had some bad parts but it was pretty funny! Headed back to Tribune on Tuesday. It's crazy to think I'm moving back to SC on the 21st! I am ready to be back to see everyone and have a great year again with all my friends :)! I've had a great summer and have learned a lot.
God has been real good to me this summer, making me learn lots, and did a great thing for my grandma :)! I have made some bad decisions this summer but, I am learning to overcome and make a positive direction towards those! I'm still working on being more patient, even though I've had a few enter into my path, I am not going to let that stop me-I got to make it to my two year mark! Can't believe I'm saying this but, I just don't think I am ready for a relationship yet. I need to finish my schooling and then worry about that kind of stuff. I know when I am in a relationship I tend to not want to concentrate on school and always want to be with him. This way I can concentrate on school, get closer to God, and be with my friends that I know will always be there for me no matter what! I've met some great ones and I wouldn't TRADE THEM FOR ANYTHING :)! I am so blessed to have them in my life. They should know who they are!

I also wanted to add this because, it'll probably be best for me to type it out instead of trying to explain to someone or better yet let it sit inside and make me get all worked up about it. So its been about a month half since she's been gone. I am thankful she's in God's kingdom and now she is looking down on me, my family, and my grandpa every day! I just know when I go back to school it'll hit me pretty hard. I'll have my grandpa to call back at home and tell him things are going great, but it'll be hard cuz I am use to calling her and telling her all this stuff. I can pull through like I have all summer I just know when school starts its going to hit me like a bolt of lightning. I am thankful she is in God's hands to make her not weak anymore but for her to be up there dancing and hooting and hollering just like she wanted ;)! I just miss and love her every day like never before. I am going to leave you with this amazing quote that she gave to all us grandkids. "Dance as if no one were watching, Sing as if no one were listening, Live each day as if it were your last!" LOVE YOU ALWAYS GRANDMA MAGGIE :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment