Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lady in Waiting

I am also reading the book, Lady in Waiting. And it’s basically about being becoming the best for God while waiting for Mr. Right to come along. It is based on the book of Ruth from the Bible.

Liz recommended this book to me and she that I would love this book just as much as she has. And she’s right, I have, I have really started to enjoy it. I did just start it but, I am really starting to like it. It has some really good quotes in the book and I love how you can journal and has a study guide included in the book. The first chapter is on Reckless Abandonment. Basically, talks about how to move your relationship with God on a closer level. By how we can transform into the woman that Ruth was. A good quote that I highlighted while reading says, “A committed single woman must be sensitive to the inevitable challenges she will meet in her attempt to her unselfishly in such a self-serving society.”

I can’t wait to read more into this book, and expand on being God’s best and to become a woman just like Ruth. Who needs a man now when I get to become God’s best. Time will only tell. I am hoping this will take my mind off certain things and becomes more focus and determined in this book. Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Love that you are reading this book. And, it's always fun to read a book with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai. I just be your blog follower. I want to share about this book "Lady In Waiting" by Jackie Kendall & Debbie Jones. Last year in September 2009, I was really frustrating in my life. Frustrating about my career and also my love life. Then, one day Holy Spirit guide me to one book store. There I found this book and also other spirituals book. I start to read the books. For my suprise, God was talking to me and He minister me through the books. Like Lady In Waiting, it really teach me how to wait on the Lord best timing and becoming God's best while waiting for Mr.Right. Single doesn't mean we are all alone. Single mean to Christian's woman is a time for companionship or have personel relationship with God. This book shows 10 qualities of a single woman should have such as Lady of Reckless Abandonment, Lady of Dilligence, Lady of Faith, Lady of Virtue, Lady of Devotion, Lady of Purity, Lady of Security, Lady of Contentment, Lady of Conviction and Lady of Patience. Hope you enjoy it. It really bless me and my friends also as i forward message to them by quoting some sentences in the book via their mobile phone. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I have really enjoyed reading it as well. It really speaks to me, and makes me think A LOT! It just makes all the sense in the world to rely on God's timing. I love the quotes taht are given in here, and the questions at each chapter. Makes you think and go deeper in thought after each chapter. I think you're right because being single right now as a Christian woman can help us grow in our relationship with him and then he'll help us in return the favor what we long for. Thanks for the post. :) God bless you as well!

    ReplyDelete